Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Vanılla Banäna Nuŧ Cőokies

I enjoy baking so much! It is incredibly relaxing for me. I also love whipping up new recipes. This particular recipe instantly became a family favorite. Vanilla Banana Nut Cookies. As always this recipe is super simple, which makes it fun to make.

You will need. . 

1 1/2 c. all purpose flour. (Bob's Red Mill is the best)    
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp salt ( I used sea salt)
1 large pkg Vanilla Jello instant pudding
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon 
1 c. light brown sugar
1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter
2 eggs
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp lemon juice
2 medium bananas
1/3 c sugar
1 cup macadamia nuts
+ 1/2 c. semi sweet chocolate chips

Now comes the super easy part.
In a large bowl combine flour, baking soda, salt, pudding powder, and cinnamon. Set aside.


In a medium bowl cream together brown sugar and butter. Then add in the eggs, vanilla, lemon juice, bananas-sliced, sugar, and macadamia nuts.




Now you simply combine this with your flour mixture. At this point I added 1/2 c. mini semi sweet chocolate chips. 


My little baker

I like my cookies to look homemade, so I just use a spoon to place the batter on the baking sheet.
 You're going to bake these cookies on 360º for about 20 min. They may need to go a little longer because of the two bananas in the batter. If they don't bake long enough they will become sticky later. So aim for 20-30 min.


Ta-da! Vanilla Banana Nut Cookies. They really are quite delicious.

Just a note.
First, I realize the Jello instant pudding really doesn't fit my guidelines. You know. . organic, gluten free, no refined sugar. When I made these cookies I only had access to the Jello brand pudding. If you have a Whole Foods in your area then you can find an organic pudding. If you don't have access to a Whole Foods then you can order the pudding you need here: shoporganic.com-pudding

My Izzaboo helped me bake. Cute little cookie monster!
Cookie thief

Happy Eating, J










No comments:

Post a Comment