Tuesday, October 4, 2011

฿irdş Mïlķ

This delicacy is a favorite of mine. And it is a new find for Josh.

I am sure you are familiar with it...

The yummy Chai Tea Latte at your favorite coffee house can be considered Birds Milk.

 I prefer the base of my Birds Milk to be straight up sweet tea. What can I say…It's a southern thing. Josh seems to be rather fond of Green Tea, and bitter at that, as his base. Earl Grey Tea is really good for making especially yummy sweet tea.

Of course Honey is the chosen sweetener for the Bodamite. But, I need something with a bit more of a sweet kick to it. Again I'm a southerner. I cannot emphasize enough the importance of the SWEET in sweet tea.  

Bitter tea is an abomination!

Josh is from Florida so he doesn't know what tea is supposed to taste like. Somehow he finds a touch of Honey just enough sweetness. I accept this.

For tea as it should be, I like to use Turbinado sugar ( sugar in the raw) It is raw sugar obtained from the initial pressing of sugar cane. It is an acceptable sweetener because it is not refined.

To turn our tea into Birds Milk we add whole milk. 

2% is not milk! It is flavorless, white water masquerading around as milk.

I like my Birds Milk warm. Not hot. But you can drink it over ice if that's your thing.

Now I am sure you're wondering why I call my tea and milk Birds Milk.

A friend who went to the Ukraine, for a missions trip, told me that at the orphanages tea and milk is a treat. It is rare that they get it. Very rare. Rare like birds milk, because birds do not produce milk. So, because it is such a rare treat they call it Birds Milk.

I thought that was neat, so I adopted the name as well.

So, embrace the cooler weather, brew some sweet tea, add some whole milk and enjoy your Birds Milk. 

…It's a rare treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment