Monday, October 24, 2011

Çornbręad & Suŕpriseś

Two delightful things to share today.

I LOVE surprises! I love surprising others and I love being the victim of a surprise. They are just so much fun!

That leads me to the surprise. .

The Bodamite's work takes him out of town for months on end. I don't get to see him often at all.
So, being the sweetheart that he is, he conspired with my father to surprise me for the weekend.

This was possible because my father is a private pilot. It comes in handy!

I was sitting in the kitchen, friday afternoon, and out of nowhere, Josh jumps out from around the corner and exclaims " I couldn't help myself!"        

I was shocked. overjoyed. stunned. Then I almost cried.

It was the best surprise ever!!

We had a really sweet weekend. We went to a farmer's market and got all sorts of tastiness. Tea cookies. Honey cookies. The biggest zucchini I have ever seen in my life. A giant jar of Honey. We ate lots of wonderful food from the venders..all natural fresh food. It was lovely.

Due to all that has been going on, surprises and finals for school, I have yet to post the recipe for Carrot Oatmeal cookies. Take heart, it will be posted very soon!!

So Here is a delicious find for you to try in the mean time.
 Bob's Red Mill- Gluten free cornbread. (bobsredmill.gf-cornbread-mix.)
It is by far the most delicious gluten free cornbread mix out there!

It is even better if you cook it in a cast iron skillet! Particularly one that is old and well seasoned. If you have a cast iron skillet, pour a little oil in the bottom and stick it in the oven so the oil is piping hot when you pour the cornbread batter in. The batter should sizzle when you pour it in the skillet.

Hop on over to the grocery store and pick up a bag of this cornbread mix..you won't be disappointed!

2 comments:

  1. aw, i love this post! so glad you guys got to spend time together - and that cornbread looks so delish. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you.. we had a really sweet time together. It was very delicious! You should try it sometime :)

    ReplyDelete