Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Sm∞thies

Smoothies are a favorite treat of mine. Preferably there is chocolate involved, but alas these recipes are for fruit smoothies. Truthfully, they are so simple they hardly count as recipes.

But I will get to the recipe part in a minute.

First, I must tell you about my birthday present! Mimi, my grandmother, loves to give gifts. She always wants to get you whatever it is you desire most. This can be a problem considering she has the money to do so. I never want to take advantage. Honestly, I am content if she just comes over for cake and ice cream on my birthday. But as always she purchased a gift. A little birdie (my mother) told her that I had been pining away for a KitchenAid blender. 

She showed up at the house with the largest gift bag I have ever seen in my life! Inside was the exact blender I had been wanting. It was so generous! And I got right to work blending all kinds of yummy treats.

That leads me to the recipes. These two recipes are the favorites in the house.

Pear/Pomegranate and Kiwi/Apple



You will need a blender that won't fry when you crush the ice.

Ingredients: Pear/Pomegranate

1 pear - peeled and diced
1/4 apple - peeled and diced
3/4 c. Pomegranate juice
ice cubes

Ingredients: Kiwi/Apple
Pear/Pomegranate smoothie

1 kiwi - peeled and chopped
1 apple - peeled and diced
3/4 c. orange juice
ice cubes
                                                   

The blending part is of course the same for both smoothies. Combined all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth. If your blender has crush ice mode then start with that. After the ice is crushed switch to mix mode. Let everything mix until perfectly smooth.






It was a big hit!
Bodalicious Bite ••• Both Kiwi and Pomegranate can be a bit tart. If tart is not your thing, add 1 teaspoon of Agave Nectar to the other ingredients in the blender. It will take the edge off the tartness. Of course you can use honey too. I just prefer the sweetness of Agave Nectar with these particular ingredients.  

1 comment: