Sunday, September 25, 2011

§carlet Nectår

Pomegranate juice… I'll admit I was skeptical.
 But the moment that scarlet nectar hit my taste buds, I was in love.

The Bodamite introduced me to Pom juice. He likes to cut his with water so he doesn't take in as much sugar. As with any fruit juice it contains sugar. So, to bring the intake down simply go with half Pomegranate juice and half water.                                 

As always, I have plenty of juicy info on its health benefits.

Beyond being incredibly yummy, Pom juice also…

Lowers Cholesterol. It lowers LDL, which is bad cholesterol. And it raises HDL, the good cholesterol.

Lowers Blood Pressure. 1.7 ounces of Pom juice a day can lower your blood pressure as much as five percent.

Protects your arteries. It prevents plaque from building up in your arteries.

The next health benefit is especially dear to my heart.

Fights Breast Cancer. Studies done in Israel show that Pom juice destroys breast cancer cells while leaving healthy cells alone. It may also prevent breast cancer cells from forming.

This is dear to my heart because my precious Grandma died from breast cancer. So it is a cancer I am very aware of.

Those are just four of the health benefits that Pomegranate juice provides.

If you have not tried the scarlet nectar, then you very simply are greatly missing out!

This is my newest Delicious Find. Check out all of the wonderful flavor combos Pom Wonderful has to offer pomwonderful.com

I will be posting two smoothie recipes in a few days that call for Pomegranate juice. Keep an eye out!

What Delicious Finds have you discovered lately?       

No comments:

Post a Comment