Saturday, September 17, 2011

ßirthdåy Weeken∂

Bonding over homemade pizza dough
Hello all my little foodamites!

I hit the road to Pawleys Island, this weekend, to spend my birthday with the Bodamite. I don't know about you, but I love going out of town on mini vacations. There are always the touristy shops to wander around in ( I find this activity to be quite fun!) and quaint little restaurants where you can indulge in something new. Maybe you're the picky type...I totally understand. It took me some time to embrace the "try something new" theory. It is actually a blast!

This birthday marks two decades of living life and making memories with the people I love. It also marks two decades of homemade birthday cakes. Chocolate of course!


This year I am lending a helping hand in the construction of the cake.

The cake itself is a gluten free chocolate cake mix. The filling will be the Whipped peanut butter cream cheese frosting, which is the New Recipe of the week. I will post the recipe for the frosting in a separate post.

I am a little behind in my posts. Six days to be exact. I am a college student, so when I'm not blogging, cooking or making memories with the Bodamite, I'm studying! So just bare with me as I juggle all of my activities.

Now, where was I...ah yes, the frosting for the outside of the cake!
•Dark chocolate almond butter whipped cream• Oh how I love birthdays. I will post the recipe later this evening after it has been baked and pictures have been taken.



2 comments:

  1. I am so excited to see you, and to meet the Bodamite :) I love you! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot wait for you to Meet my Josh! Love you <3

    ReplyDelete